Yay! Someone gave me an award!
I’d like to thank the blog, Waking Up on the Wrong Side of 50 for nominating me for the Unique Blogger Award. I’m unique! Just like everyone else!
Please check out Waking Up on the Wrong Side of 50 at wakinguponthewrongsideof50.wordpress.com . Her writing is at turns funny, meaningful, and always thought-provoking. I look forward to reading her posts every morning!
1. Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
2. Answer the questions.
3. In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
4. Ask them 3 questions.
My Questions from Waking up at the Wrong Side of 50:
- What is your perfect Saturday afternoon?
I work every Saturday afternoon, so I suppose my perfect Saturday afternoon would involve not being at work. If we move the question to Sunday, then there are a few responses:
1. At home on a rainy day with a cup of tea or coffee and a good book
2. Out with a either a friend or two, or with my sister’s family doing some laid-back activity on a beautiful spring or autumn day- hiking in one of the state parks, or wandering around bookshops.
3. Out for coffee with a particular friend at our favorite restaurant in Omaha, eating that restaurant’s particular version of tiramisu.
4. If I’m traveling, then I want to be out exploring whatever city/country I’m visiting.
Whatever the situation, if I have my camera and can take pictures, then I’m a happy woman.
- What is your favorite flavor pie?
Hmm… I love just about anything to do with chocolate, so chocolate silk pie, I suppose. But I do appreciate a good pumpkin pie (especially with cinnamon whipped cream), and I could definitely go for a slice of the citrus cheesecake I got at Coffee Affair in Inverness, Scotland. I know, not technically pie, but it was fantastic.
- What is the one chore you hate doing the most?
Cleaning the shower. What a pain. The angles are all weird, there’s a large area to scrub, you can’t help but get wet and scuzzy (in the place where you’re supposed to get clean), and it’s always gross to find out that the shower was much dirtier and soap-scummier than you thought it was. Ick.
Books, Vertigo & Tea (https://booksvertigoandtea.com/)
Beach Bookworm (https://beachbookworm.wordpress.com/)
Books Like Snowflakes (https://bookslikesnowflakes.wordpress.com/)
My questions for the nominees:
- Who is your favorite musician/musical group?
- If you could live in the world of a book (Middle Earth or the world of Harry Potter, for example), where would you go, and why?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Don’t feel like you have to participate. This is supposed to be fun, so if you think that not participating is more fun, then you do you.