I was nominated by Beach Bookworm for the Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge, wherein you post a favorite quote from a favorite book for three consecutive days.
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Post a quote for 3 consecutive days (1 quote for each day)
3. Nominate three new bloggers each day
Thank you, Beach Bookworm, for nominating me!
Today’s quote in is honor of a couple of things:
- Today, March 25th, is Cormallen, that is, Ring Day and the first day of the Gondorian New Year in the Fourth Age of Middle Earth, after the destruction of the great ring of power and the fall of Sauron.
- The March for Our Lives was yesterday, and though I was unable to attend, I saw so many amazing reports of young people standing up and calling for change. Things may look dark now, but the youth of today give me hope.
“Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.”J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings